COMPLIANCE AND POLICIES
NOTE: This page contains some, but not all of the policies of Willard Mountain. Questions and comments can be directed to Keith Mann, Operation Manager, Willard Mountain. 518-692-7337 and at email@example.com. Policy guidelines are available at Willard Mountain. Anyone needing assistance to view these guidelines and policies or any other part of this website are welcomed to call Willard Mountain at any time for assistance. 518-692-7337.
Uphill Skiing Policy
Uphill travel by means of skiing or snowshoeing has gained popularity at some resorts in recent years. Willard Mountain welcomes and supports our guests seeking to enjoy the mountain. For the safety of everyone on the mountain, we ask that everyone follow our guidelines. All travel is done at each individual’s own risk.
During the early season uphill access is not permitted due to snowmaking and grooming operations. Please contact Guest Services to confirm uphill access is allowed.
• Closed trails are prohibited at all times.
• Usage of the terrain parks and BigAirBag are prohibited
• Dogs and other pets are not permitted on the mountain at any time
• Sledding is not permitted on the mountain at any time
• Camping is not permitted on the mountain at any time
Any person using any of the facilities of the ski area is considered a skier and as such is required to adhere to and obey all posted information and to be aware of trail closures and other operational considerations. Be especially aware of other skiers and riders. Snowmobiles, snow cats, snowmaking hoses and guns may be encountered at any times and the skier assumes all risks
Participants must also be aware of, and avoid mountain hazards. Individuals are prohibited from within 100 feet of the following:
• Snowmaking hoses – High pressure. Don’t ski over hoses!
• Fan Gun Power Lines - DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT!
• Snowmaking hydrants – Don’t approach
• Snow guns – High pressure. Don’t approach an operating snow gun – tower or fan!
• Snowmobiles – Stay visible. ASSUME THEY CANNOT SEE YOU
• Snow Cats – Stay visible. ASSUME THEY CANNOT SEE YOU!
Other hazard areas, operations or conditions may exist on-mountain.
Due to safety and privacy concerns of our guests, employees and resort property, Willard Mountain Ski Area prohibits the operation or use on Willard Mountain property of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public-including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists - without prior written authorization from Willard Mountain. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within the area boundaries. This prohibition extends to any devices launched or operated from non Willard Mountain property, such as from private property outside of the ski area boundaries. Please contact Willard Mountain if you have any questions of if you seek prior authorization to operate any such devices. Any authorized operation of drones on or above Willard Mountain property will be governed by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, as well as those policies separately established by this Resort, which may include certification, training, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers or releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your access privileges to Willard Mountain, or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscation of any prohibited equipment, and may subject violators to any liability for damages, including, but not limed to, damages for trespass, violations of privacy, and physical injuries to persons and/or property, as well as legal fees.
Park Smart Terrain Park Safety Program Messages:
START SMALL - Work your way up. Build your skills.
MAKE A PLAN - Every feature. Every time.
ALWAYS LOOK - Before you drop.
RESPECT - The features and other users.
TAKE IT EASY - Know your limits. Land on your feet.
ADA Accessibility Policy
Our policy is to make our website accessible to users of the website who have disabilities.
To meet this goal, we have implemented the following initiatives:
• Adopt and follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 AA (“WCAG”), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”);
• Linking to this policy from the www.willardmountain.com homepage, soliciting and providing a method to submit feedback, and providing a method to contact our website accessibility coordinator;
• Modifying policies to prioritize accessibility bug fixes to ensure they are remedied with the same level of priority as any other equivalent loss of function for individuals without disabilities;
.Open communication through our contact page and our phone number 518-692-7337 which is generally available 24 hours per day.
Willard Mountain Inc. undertakes these accessibility initiatives to expand access to everyone and to assist content providers, many of which have independent obligations under accessibility laws, with providing content in accessible formats.
We are dedicated to making accessibility improvements to our websites. Please direct any questions or suggestions on how to improve the accessibility of our websites firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback.